What a summer!

When I was a kid, I loved that show "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" I've caught myself thinking "Where in the World are David and Lindsay?" the past couple of weeks! We had the amazing opportunity to spend a short weekend in NYC a couple weeks ago with Dave Sr and Brenda (David's parents), Erin and Evan (David's sister and her fiancé), and our family friends Tom and Shirley.

Those of you who've been following Warford & Wife for awhile might remember my post about our anniversary trip to NYC a couple years ago. Although I've traveled around the world, I wasn't quite prepared for NYC in wintertime! You can read more about that trip here.

This trip was completely different. Tom and Shirley live in NYC and acted as the family tour guides. We had so much fun. David and I could literally feel our emotional tanks being filled during the fun, quality time we shared with family enjoying some picturesque moments in the city that never sleeps.

Experiencing my first Yankee's game definitely goes down as one of the coolest sports experiences I've ever had. And dinner in Little Italy... I felt transported!


Erin, Evan, Brenda, & Dave Sr!

Me and Shirley on the subway after the game!

Me and David in Little Italy after doing a little NYC shopping.

Two days after we flew back to Little Rock, my mom, Janet, flew into Little Rock too!

So proud of her! She's becoming an expert flyer!

The next day, she and I were off to Dallas to spend 4 days at Mary Kay's annual Seminar. Words can't describe what happened inside of me while we were down there. I'm still processing it all. Even my sweet mom is unsure whether or not I actually had a good time! I was overwhelmed, in the best way possible. I learned a lot. I was humbled A LOT. Like, to my knees in the middle of the night TWICE kind of humbled...

In between sessions at Seminar!

Celebrating many amazing women at the Diamond Seminar Award's Night!

I realized that I don't love people the way I'm called to. I pick and choose. I'm not called to be best friends with everyone, but I am called to love my neighbor, and I'm learning more about what that looks like. It's not easy. And, I realized I can't do it by myself. I can't LOVE the people I don't want to in my current heart's condition. But Jesus does love people. And, His Holy Spirit is in me... That means I can love the people I don't want to. It's a BIG piece of dry, egg-free/dairy-free/soy-free/gluten-free humble pie to swallow. But, I'm already seeing how it's better this way. I'm already starting to feel my heart soften for people that it doesn't come naturally to love.

While I was away, David continued burning the midnight oil working his two part time jobs. He's got a big test on Saturday that we'd appreciate your prayers over! I'm back to being busy with my day job with Dave Sr. (who is an amazing boss by the way!), and I'm working on going into directorship qualification in Mary Kay during the other hours of the day! I thought things would slow down when Fall semester started, but it looks like the momentum we've created this summer will continue through the rest of 2014!

From Auburn to Atlanta to North Carolina to NYC to Dallas to the far corners of Arkansas, it's been a busy summer. And, we've still got a lot to accomplish before 2015 arrives. : ) And, at least for me, a lot more growing to do.

I'll try not to be gone so long again dear readers. Thanks for checking back in... ; )

Comments