Speaking in Faith

Camp kicked off this week at the Arkansas Dream Center. Even though David couldn't come down with me, he was a huge behind the scenes servant helping me put together a costume and science experiment for my reoccurring character, "Professor Pricilla" (stay posted for a picture)

It was such a joy getting to again see the children who'd been coming to Girls' Night and DC Kids during the school year. And, it was such a blessing to meet so many new faces (children and servants)

I couldn't believe how many kids kept coming and coming, day after day, who'd never been to the Dream Center before. One little girl even exclaimed as her grandparent was registering her for camp, "I was born for this place!" Oh, sweet child! Maybe you were. : ) Maybe part of your purpose is to grow up here, be discipled here, and then make disciples here!

While my primary responsibility for camp is to organize all the games and be Professor Pricilla, I'll also get the opportunity to teach from time to time. This week I was really excited to be slotted to speak on Thursday because the topic pertained to the power of our words and speaking in faith. 

I prepared my talk a few days before and felt pretty good about how everything was organized, the Bible verses and story I'd be sharing, and the objects I'd be using as visuals. 

Yesterday morning, while I ate my cereal and looked over my notes, I heard God's voice say, "You need to share about your knee." I sighed, "But, God, should the talk go much longer. They're so little. I don't want to loose their attention." By the time I got to the Dream Center thirty minutes later, I knew I needed to surrender my agenda and asked the Holy Spirit to give the talk through me. 

I delivered my talk, told them all about Ezekiel and the dry bones coming back to life (Ezekiel 37), showed them a picture of a burning building lit on fire by a small match, and explained what it meant to speak in faith; that it doesn't matter how simple or small the words are, God can use them to change your entire life.

When I was done, I showed them the 7" scar on my left knee. I told them about how I'd fallen off a ladder and broken it, that I had three surgeries and had to relearn how to walk. I also told them that when I was learning to walk again, someone made a small comment to me about how there was only a chance that I might run again. 

I told the kids that I didn't think I'd ever run again until last summer when David and I spoke over my knee praying for healing and restoration. 

I wrapped up the talk by running across the stage, demonstrating to the children the healing and restoration that had taken place by the hand of God. I told them, "God can put all the dry bones back together and bring them back to life; He put my bones back together; He can put your's back together; He can put your families back together; He can put your life back together... Just speak it out in faith!"

I prayed and we sent the children to lunch. While I began picking up game props off the stage, Nati brought a little girl, Taylor, to me and stated, "Lindsay, she needs prayer for her knee." 

I could have dropped all the props I was holding! 

I took Taylor by the hand, and we sat on the side of the stage. Taylor explained that she'd hurt her knee playing softball last week. I noticed she was still limping, and she said it still hurt a lot. 

I put my hands over her knee and prayed out loud. When I was finished, I looked at Taylor and asked her to walk for me. She got up and took a couple steps. She was still limping a little. She looked at me and laid her hand out flat, giving me the "so-so" sign. 

"Does it still hurt?" I asked. 

She said, "Yeah, kinda." 

I motioned for her to sit down again, and said, "We're going to pray again." 

I prayed again and when I was finished, asked her to walk for me again. Taylor hopped off the stage and walked normally. She turned around to face me with a smile on her face. 

"Does it hurt?" I asked. 

"No," she answered. I hugged her and praised the Lord, then sent her to lunch. 

My eyes filled with tears as I watched Taylor run

For so long I've known that God has had so many good reasons for me falling off that ladder. 

Yesterday, I realized that one of them is a little princess named Taylor... Praise the Lord!


"So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and suddenly a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to bone. Indeed, as I looked, the sinews and the flesh came upon them, and the skin covered them over; but there was no breath in them. Also He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.”’” Ezekiel 37:7-9

Comments