Happy 25th Birthday, David!



Like my homemade "Happy Birthday" sign? Growing up my mom ALWAYS hung a "Happy Birthday" sign up for us to see when we came downstairs into the kitchen on our birthday. Last year I didn't have a sign for David, and this year I just had to make the day right by hanging a sign! 

Since we're trying to stay on budget, and I knew we'd be splurging in other ways for his birthday (i.e. birthday dinner), I put my crafty skills to good use. Sperry only managed to eat one of the letters, and I was pretty happy with how it turned out, especially since I had enough construction paper to whip up a little paper chain to match! (It's on the chandelier.) 


Ms. Brenda picked out some MARVELOUS steaks for her boy to grill up for us on his birthday present. 



Meanwhile, I experimented inside with toasted walnuts. (FYI - very easy to burn - must watch carefully if toasting in a toaster oven.) They made a wonderful addition to my simple tossed salad.


All in all, we had a lovely little birthday celebration over the weekend. I couldn't be more grateful to be married to such a wonderful man, and love that we were blessed with the opportunity to celebrate how much we appreciate God's blessing through him in our lives. : )


Comments