Adding another pumpkin to our patch!

We have some news....!


We are humbled and grateful to announce that we are expecting Baby #2 April 30, 2017!


Hence one of the big reasons I haven't updated you on life's happenings like I promised I would in my last post. While the all-day-sickness with Baby #2 hasn't been nearly as bad as it was with Avery, I've still been functioning on mostly a priority level basis. 

So, let's back up a little. Way back. To Labor Day weekend. The weekend of Avery's 1 year old birthday party. It was such a special time celebrating the first year of life of our precious, spirited, sweet little one in our very own home with so many family members present.



That morning, David, Paul (my brother), and I ran to Kroger to pick up a few last minute things for the party. Well, I had been experiencing some nausea that week while running around town with my mom, who'd come in early to help get ready for the party. I, like I typically do all things, attributed the nausea to anything else. 

"It's probably just because I'm tired." 

"I didn't eat enough today."

"Maybe it's a little virus."

Oh, and on top of the nausea, my milk dried up that week too, but of course I attributed that to not eating enough and Avery self-weening. (This is actually a very cool story that I'll be sharing later this month over at Creatingagreatday.com. I'll post the link to FB when it's published.) 

Well, as I was about to lay down on the floor at Kroger in front of the floral desk trying to not pass out, David looked at me and said, "Lindsay, this is not normal."

We fetched a bottle of water and pressed on to party time. 

I felt like a pretty wimpy hostess with the waves coming and going. Thankfully, everyone still seemed to have a good time, and most importantly, Avery had a good time. 



After everyone had left, and my sweet family had cleaned up our entire house, we took the rest of the evening easy and put Avery down early.

The next morning, I couldn't have felt better. I was up before everyone. I even mopped the floor, ran to Kroger, and to a local donut shop to pick up sustenance for some of my out of town family members who'd be helping David seal our deck later that morning. 

While cruising through Kroger, I passed the pharmacy and saw the pregnancy tests on the wall. And then I stopped, David's look and comment from yesterday repeated in my head. I grabbed the cheapest one, tossed it in my basket, checked out, and headed to the donut shop. 

When I got home, David and I sat down to enjoy a little breakfast. The sausage, egg, and cheese croissant I had ordered for myself was not going down as easily as I had thought it would. The waves of nausea returned. When David asked me what was wrong, and I told him I was feeling a little nauseous, his response was pretty priceless... "Lindsay, the last time this happened, Avery happened."

I told him I'd bought a pregnancy test that morning, and since I wasn't getting anywhere with the croissant, headed to our bathroom. 

Well, there was no waiting 90 seconds like the instructions said. The results were instantaneous. 

We were pregnant!

Praise be to God! Another baby!

And He, in all His infinite sovereignty, gave us another gift that day and the following. Because our parents and siblings were in town for the birthday party, we got to tell all of them in person our special news. (Except sweet Erin, David's sister, since she was due back at work later that day and was already at the airport by the time I was struggling with that croissant. Thank goodness for FaceTime; we still got to share with her face to face the following day!)

Because I had been nursing Avery when we conceived, we had no way of knowing how far along we were in the pregnancy. (So, yes ladies, in case you didn't know, you can get pregnant while nursing!) We were absolutely blown away at our ultrasound appointment a week and a half ago to find out we were already 10+ weeks along! And, another praise, thus far baby looks great. 

We took Avery with us to our appointment and into the ultrasound suite. It was so fun watching our littlest baby flag his/her arm and Avery reply with an enthusiastic wave back. 

To answer a few questions...

Will we find out the baby's gender? Yes, but not until closer to Christmas.

Do we have a preference? Just a healthy baby. : )

Do we have a feeling as to what the baby is? David's thinking boy, and I go back and forth!

How far apart will Avery and Baby #2 be? 19 months

We are so excited to finally be able to share our family's news with you. And as always, thank you for your prayers. 

Until next time,

Lindsay

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

Comments