We'd Like to Introduce You to Our Little Girl!

So, it's been a crazy several weeks in the Warford home! Four weeks ago, when I typed "Big Ultrasound Appointment" into my and David's shared iCalendar for April 15th, I thought it would be FOREVER getting to today. But, oh no, it came so fast, I could have practically pinched myself as we drove to the doctor's office today. "Are we really doing this right now? Is this really happening?" 

Thankfully, pretty much as soon as I wrote my name down at the check-in desk, one of the nurses was ushering me and David back to the ultrasound suite. And I don't think it was a full two minutes after the ultrasound tech squirted that oh-so-sweetly-warmed-up-ultrasound-gel onto my abdomen that she was pointing right to THAT spot on our little baby.

"This is a thigh, and this is a thigh, and these white lines right here, those are girl parts. It's a girl!"

So, everyone, without further ado, we'd like to introduce you to Avery Lynne Warford!

She was quite the wiggle worm this afternoon! Apparently, she loves to move around and bury her head into my pelvis! I just started to feel her move last week, but the last couple days I swear she's been doing summersaults! Today, she was upside down for most of our visit. But, oh my goodness, watching her do a few barrel rolls was enough to make this heart do a flip of it's own!


That is her hand in a tiny fist above her mouth. Doesn't she have a cute little nose?! At one point she pressed her face right into the ultrasound probe (I'm sure that thing has a technical name - but that is not the kind of medical terminology that's coming back to me these days!) and you could see her bone structure. I know I'm partial, but this little girl is already gorgeous at barely 20 weeks!


And check out that skinny foot! Her other foot is on top of it. She's already learned how to cross her legs. : ) When I think about the places those feet will go, it brings tears to my eyes. Oh that she will see and know the beauty of the world and its inhabitants that her Maker created. And may they be blessed, strong, and courageous feet always carrying the hope of Jesus.  


We are giving the Lord praise this evening as we thank Him that everything looks anatomically perfect. Of course, as we have from the beginning, we covet your prayers as Avery Lynne continues to grow and develop. Prayerfully, the rest of this pregnancy will continue to progress perfectly as it has, and the next set of pictures we share with you will be in September once she's made her grand entrance!

We have a lot to do before she gets here! David is about to sit for his very last set of final exams in law school (Praise the Lord!!!) and will graduate next month. Then he'll sit for the bar in July! I'm working towards earning my first Mary Kay car and debuting as a Mary Kay Sales Director this summer. And, oh yeah, there's the whole question of, "Where are y'all going after law school?" to answer. And the answer is still the same, "Wherever the Lord gives us the job!" 

It's going to be a busy, crazy, 20ish weeks to say the least. We're so grateful to have such an amazing group of prayer warriors rallying behind us all over the world. We thank you for the way you bless our lives and are thrilled to introduce you today to our little girl. : )

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." Psalm 139:13-16

Comments