The End of 2014

Whew - are you like me today? Thinking, "Man, it's January" .. Excited because it's January ... Wondering how December and all of 2014 really went by that fast ... Tired ... VERY aware of how badly you need to get back into an exercise regimen ... Grateful ... So incredibly grateful.

December was FAST, to say the least. I knew I'd be burning the candle at both ends until we hit the road for Erin (my sister-in-law) & Evan's wedding in Auburn, AL. But, I was so good with it. Even until we did hit the road, a whole half-day early because a MK appointment divinely cancelled (because God knew we needed to leave when we did), I knew I'd packed as much as I possible could into the first half of December. And I LOVED that.

Don't you love that feeling? Productivity. Even today, I made the bunk beds in our guest room (yes, we have bunk beds in our guest room), and afterwards I felt like I'd accomplished an award winning feat. Those clean sheets and towels had been sitting there since a couple days after Thanksgiving. And today, I conquered them.

I wore yoga pants all day today - the first day in more months than I can count that I did that.

I took an hour long nap at noon and did two loads of laundry.

We didn't leave the house, and my sweet husband helped me finish counting all of my inventory for 2014 tax prep.

We ate left overs for lunch and dinner, and I baked a batch of break and bake sugar cookies.

It was amazing.

I'm so grateful for today. A day so balanced. A day with just David and Sperry. Because 2015 is going to hold more than possibly any year of our life thus far. And starting tomorrow, I start my candle burning again.

I'm ok with that. We have a lot to do. But, today, today I'm content to be still. And grateful for this beautifully busy, exciting, and lovely life.

Comments