Savoring the Sweetness

I sit on our back deck and feel energy infuse into my tired body through the warm rays of Arkansas sunshine.

The birds sing their symphonies as I I try to relax the tight muscles in my back

Sperry runs around the red shed through the purple wild flowers.

A light breeze makes its way across our yard, and I breathe in the fresh air.

Creation is invigorating.

I've yet to stop long enough to reflect on all that's happened over the past few weeks. The sanctuary of our back deck provides the space to be still, to meditate, to drink in The Word, to listen, to rest.

I sip on the fruity tea I just brewed, sweetened with agave nectar. In all of the hustle and bustle of the traveling, working, visiting, learning, and preparing that took place over the past few weeks, I desire to remember the sweetness that was present.

The special time visiting with my mom. Our adventure to Dallas, TX. Meeting and making new friends. Tangibly discovering a vision for our future.


Special family time with cousins, aunts, and uncles.


New job opportunities for David. The small smile I see across his face as he humbly processes his accomplishments.

Worshipping with friends.

Celebrating Bert & Vicky's wedding in Arizona. How I love to see families grow - especially ours.



My phone rings, and it's my sweet sister... full of good news, full of life, full of Light. 

I see that Jessica is out of surgery. It went well. She is fine. Her bone marrow is on it's way to another young woman who needs it.

"I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty, and on Your wondrous works." Psalm 145:5

I sit up straight. I breathe in deep. I meditate. I accept. I give thanks. I let go.

I savor the sweetness.

Comments