Congratulations Sizzles!

Several years ago I felt God calling me to serve as a leader for the junior high summer retreat for the church I grew up in. Even though I'd served as a leader a couple years before, I felt like this trip would be a little different. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I was willing to see what God had in store, not only for the junior highers He'd be placing under my leadership, but for me. 

I'll never forget that morning as we waited for the kids to show up. They filed down the tables picking up name tags and signing in. I greeted two of the girls who'd be in my cabin and small group. I'm not sure if it was just too early in the morning for them or if my perkiness startled them. They looked a little unsure of themselves. I could read the terror, "This girl is going to be our leader? What are we getting ourselves into??" (Autumn, Caroline, I'm talking about you.)

I should have asked myself that question, because honestly I had no clue what I was getting myself into either. 

I had no clue that my heart was about to open and break for a bunch of junior high girls. I had no idea that becoming their small group leader would be one of the greatest joys I'd experienced thus far in my life. I had no idea I was about to be given so many new little sisters, that I was definitely going to require unlimited text messaging, and that I would be giving them responsibilities one my wedding day. 

These girls became such a huge part of my life, that I could hardly bear it the day when God told me it was time to step down as their small group leader. 

I had no reason to give them. Nothing. I didn't hear God call me to some other form of service. I didn't have to move to another State (yet). It wasn't a work conflict. It was just the clear voice of God saying, "Now. Now it's time to go." So, through the tears, as much as I didn't want to, I obeyed and let them go. 

This weekend, my sweet sizzles are graduating from high school. I couldn't be more proud of all of them. They've all grown into the most beautiful young women. I can't wait to see what God does in and with them during this next chapter of their lives. 

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; 
and everyone who loves is born of God and loves God." 
1 John 4:7


The week it all started - Shaving Cream War, Camp Awanita.


 




 DNOW, Fellowship Bible Church 


Day of Hope, Roswell, GA


Christmas Cookies, Clark House

 

Junior High Summer Mission Trip - Medical Missions Ministry, Guatemala






Girl Time with Jenna before Small Group




Congratulations sweet Sizzles on your high school graduation!! Watch out world; here they come!

Comments