Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken

I am all about sharing the love when it comes to an easy, yummy, healthy dinner recipe!

I'm honestly not sure how healthy this recipe for crock pot chicken teriyaki is, but it was definitely easy, yummy, and healthier than if we'd ordered take out!

Mandy Warford (my super cool aunt-in-law) totally turned me on to the idea of cooking with chicken thighs. I never ever would have picked up a package of chicken thighs until this one night when we were over for dinner and she'd made them. Oh my, they were delicious!

So, I had been waiting for the perfect recipe, and when I stumbled upon this one via Pinterest, I knew it was time to take the plunge.

Notes on This Recipe:

- I put my thighs (about 7 all together) in the crock pot frozen and cooked them on low for 4.5 hrs, then turned it to warm until I was ready to serve dinner. Next time, I'll probably only let them cook for 4 hrs tops (they were teetering on the dry side at 4.5 hrs).

- I didn't use ginger, and we didn't miss it.

- I only used 1/2 cup of sugar instead of 3/4 cups.

- The sauce turned out great and reminded us both of an asian chicken dinner we used to eat weekly when we were first married from Trader Joe's. So good!

- Instead of serving over white rice, we fried up our brown rice with a couple eggs, about two cups of broccoli, and a green onion.

It won't surprise me if we make this again next week, and I'm pretty excited about getting to eat the left-overs for lunch tomorrow!

Let me know if you try this recipe and like it as much as we did!

Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken 

Comments