Where's Sperry?

This morning, as I was sitting down in my home office getting ready to start my work day, I heard all kinds of barking start outside. 

I let out a low sigh (one of those sighs where your whole body moves and crunches inward) and thought, "Sperrrryyy..." 

I knew, of course, that he was in the back yard. Our next door neighbors' have two dogs. The three of them get along very well, so I wasn't sure why they could be possibly be barking at each other, or at anything else for that matter, this early in the morning. 

So, I made my way toward the back of the house and opened the door to the deck. I looked to the left (in the direction of the neighbor's back yard) and didn't see Sperry.

I stepped out onto the deck and looked around to the left side of the house.

No Sperry.

I turned and looked to the right side of our yard. 

No Sperry.

"Oh no... How did he get out?" I thought.

I looked underneath the poor, beat-up swing set that was nearly killed by a tree that fell on it, hoping to see Sperry behind it. 

Nope.

As I straightened up and began to survey the perimeter of our yard to figure out how Sperry escaped, I noticed something move, ever so slightly, at the top of the swing set.

Sperry. : )



The barking started back up somewhere behind me. Sperry looked in the direction of the barking without making a sound, and then looked back at me, with a look that said, "Poor dogs over there. They must not have a swing set to play in. Come on, Mom! It's fun up here! Let's play!"

Needless to say, it really was a funny way to start my Wednesday. 

Comments