Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Table's done!

It's called ... Beluga.


All done! Special shout out to my sweet friend Nikki Newby who was my cheerleader for this project! 

I'm really happy with how it turned out.  : )


If you're ever near Little Rock and would like to pop in for coffee or dinner, we've got a pretty, refurbished table to host you with. 

So, how'd I do it? 

First I sanded it with sealant remover sandpaper. Then I mixed Behr Premium Plus ULTRA Stain-Blocking Paint & Primer in One with non sanded tile grout. For every one cup of paint use one tablespoon of grout. Then, I applied my first coat (just with a brush). Let it dry for 5 hours, then applied my second coat and touch ups. (Thanks to the grout, it didn't require a sealant.) I let it dry overnight, and in the morning my little project was complete. 


P.S. The color is called beluga... Like a whale. : )